White Collar Crime Attorney in Phoenix
Phoenix Defense Attorney | Here to Protect Your Future
Phoenix Attorneys for White Collar Crimes Safeguarding Your Rights
When it pertains to non-violent crimes committed for financial gain, the adept legal team at TedLaw is at your service to protect your rights. Based in Phoenix, we specialize in advocating for professionals, often in the financial or real estate sectors, facing allegations of white collar offenses. With our comprehensive expertise in financial practices, accounting, securities law, and technology, we offer a formidable defense against even the most formidable white collar charges.
If you suspect you are under scrutiny for a white collar crime, don’t hesitate to reach out to us promptly. By intervening early in the investigation process, we may be able to thwart the prosecution’s attempt to bring embarrassing charges against you. Furthermore, we are committed to safeguarding your legal rights and preventing access to evidence that you are entitled to withhold.
Federal and State Laws in Arizona
White collar crimes in Arizona are governed by Title 13 of the Arizona Revised Statutes (A.R.S.), encompassing a range of offenses such as theft, forgery, credit card fraud, business and commercial fraud, embezzlement, and bribery. State investigations may involve the Arizona Attorney General’s office, local law enforcement agencies, and other state authorities. Conversely, federal crimes fall under the purview of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and other federal law enforcement agencies, and are regulated by a variety of statutes, including:
- The Sherman Act
- The Counterfeit Access Device and Computer Fraud and Abuse Law
- The Computer Abuse Amendments Act of 1984
- The Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1986
- The False Claims Act
- The Mail Fraud Statute
- The Wire Fraud Statute
- The Money Laundering Control Act
- The Securities Exchange Act
White Collar Computer Crimes
As technology advances, so do the techniques employed in white collar crimes. With computers playing an increasingly integral role in our lives, laws pertaining to internet, smartphone, and computer usage are constantly evolving. At TedLaw, we remain up-to-date with emerging technologies and the ever-changing statutes that govern the digital realm. Our accomplished defense attorneys possess the knowledge and determination necessary to effectively represent you against allegations of computer crimes, which may include:
- Identity Theft: Illicitly obtaining someone’s private information with the intention of exploiting it for financial gain
- Insurance Fraud: Filing fraudulent claims to secure compensation from insurance companies
- Healthcare Fraud: Making false claims for reimbursement from Medicaid and Medicare
- Mortgage Fraud: Engaging in deceitful practices and online schemes related to mortgages
- Email Scams: Assuming the guise of financial institutions or personal acquaintances to deceive individuals into disclosing personal information
Irrespective of the intricacy of your case, our dedicated legal professionals are prepared to mount a robust defense against charges of white collar crime. Contact us today to discuss your defense strategy and safeguard your future.